Before deciding to incorporate mobile marketing strategies and tactics into your marketing mix there are a few things you should consider. Customers consume this technology in ways that are unique and impossible to replicate using traditional computers. Customers tend to have very specific objectives in mind when using this channel. To be successful you have to understand and address their needs.
Here are twelve questions that will guide you in assessing the role of mobile marketing for your business.
Goals and Objectives
1. Do you have specific written goals and objectives?
2. How is your target audience currently using mobile technology?
3. Can you sustain content that will be meaningful to your consumers?
4. Will customers be able to quickly and easily find what they are looking for?
5. Will they know what to do once they find the information?
6. How will this channel be used, sales, promotion, customer service, research?
7. Will this content be hosted on a stand-alone mobile site or will mobile specific HTML and CSS styling be incorporated into the existing site?
8. How will the site accommodate the wide array of mobile devices? What is the role of applications, QR Codes?
Integrated marketing communications
9. How will this content/experience fit within the context of the other marketing channels?
10. Is there a need for online/offline coordination?
11. Have all stakeholders had input into the plan?
12. Will the plan fit within your budget and time constraints?
These questions should lead to many other questions, think of them as a starting point.
What other questions should you ask?
image credit Trademobile